Sunday, June 24, 2012

First Day of WYSE

So today I arrived at George Mason for theWYSE! After arriving on campus, I picked up my room card and i.d., set up my internet, unpacked, and met my awesome roomate:) The hundreds of blue WYSE t-shirts roaming campus were intimidating at first, but after meeting some new people and making friends, I couldn't be more excited to be here. Once everyone was settled, we headed off to dinner with our color groups (I'm a purple), ate some great food, and listened to Davey Rogner, campaign director of Pick Up America, give and inspiring speech on the importance of connecting with our environment in order to better the planet. He stressed that producing less waste and re-using the waste we have is key to producing a cleaner planet. After hearing Davey's passionate speech, I can't wait to meet the speakers yet to come. That's basically it for today, and I would like to thank Holly Nunn (my big sister) and Zack Golden for helping me get settled in at George Mason.

No comments:

Post a Comment